Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Newbie Blogger

This is my first blog posting so bare with me.  I'm a recent semi-retired paralegal - yes - I quit my job after nearing 23 years.  My husband and I both commuted from our little piece of heaven in Snohomish to downtown Seattle for over 20+ years and we decided that enough was enough.  Hence, I am now a semi stay-at-home mom/housewife.  My husband is still doing the commute but it doesn't seem so bad when only one of us have to make that long trek.  I eventually plan to find a part-time job closer to home. 
Now that I have more free time, all of my creativity has started bubbling up again.  I opened a Pinterest account and started researching party decorating, recipes, gardening, outfits and so much more - and soon realized that there is a whole other world out there.


My mom was always a very creative person and my father was a wonderful singer so I guess it is in my blood.  I enjoy spending time with my family and creating fun memories.  


Our family loves to spend time outdoors camping, hiking, golfing, RVing and biking.  For Father's day this year we went on a hike to Lake 22 which is 2.7 miles one way.  The trail was well groomed and had stepping logs and bridges, however, we did have many small creeks to cross and a section that we quite steep and rocky.  The hike is so worth the effort as the lake is absolutely beautiful.


This is a picture of my husband and son, Trevor and daughter, Sarah on our hike.  There were times when the rain was very heavy, but we were determined to make this a fun adventure.







As you can see there was still snow at the top when we reached Lake 22.  It was a little foggy and they have decking that goes around the lake, however, it was mostly covered in snow.  This was a great way to spend time together on Father's Day!!

We look forward to doing this hike later this summer when the snow has melted off more.

Hope all you fathers out there had a great day on Sunday.

Cheers,
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment